An honest dialogue about love, life, and everything in-between...

Saturday, March 6, 2010

Check Your Self

7:03 PM |

Before you wreck yourself...



People are always going to have some type of opinion. About sports, the weather, that girl's clothes, doesn't matter. So when they have an opinion about you, you have to take it for what it is. Molding or changing based on what others think of you is not a good way to live your life. You'll never be able to please everyone.

However, there does come a time when you have to kind of check yourself. These last few weeks, I've been told about myself by SEVERAL people, from all different areas of the country, who know me from many different points in my life. And many of them have said the same things about me. So when you hear the same thing from several different people you have to start looking inward and trying to figure out how you are being perceived in that fashion.

The difficulty comes in with trying to make a change, if you so choose too. I know for me personally I was never really aware that I come off in certain ways. So how do I go about fixing it? It almost makes you hyper-focused on what you are doing, what you are saying and how you are presenting yourself that you almost exacerbate the quality you are trying to control.

All in all you have to decide wether or not the quality you're being told about is something you want to change. Be certain that the people that have told you about yourself are doing so (hopefully) not in a hurtful way. And ask them for examples, how or what you do that makes you come off in that manner. Especially if you don't know what you are doing. This way you can evaluate yourself and grow. Nothing good ever comes from just burying your head in the sand.



0 comments:

Subscribe